When you are getting pop-up about "This site says... Main Security Error...", your computer is infected with malware. Please note that malware usually gets in your computer when you download some software without checking the additional offers. Besides, malware can also sneak into user’s computer via malicious web scripts or arrive as an email attachment. There will be a lot of spread channels utilized by this kind of malware. You should keep an eye on your online activities to avoid being infected.
Once installed, the malware will trigger "This site says... Main Security Error..." pop-up which is also deemed as a browser hijacker. When you launch your browser, you will be redirected to this nasty domain directly rather than to your default home page. That is because this browser hijacker has already taken over your browser by replacing your startup page, home page and new tab page. There will be suspicious add-ons or extensions added to your browser without your awareness. Besides, the malware and browser hijacker can steal your important data such as email address, IP address, account names and passwords, facebook and other social platform chat logs, and even your credit card and banking details. What’s worse, this malware will download malware infections to your computer automatically without your knowledge. Your computer will become slow and you system will easily be damaged.
To sum up, you should remove all the threats in your computer to keep your PC safe. Here are some removal tips that will help you. Please keep reading.
Need help get rid of Main Security Error Pop-up automatically? Click Here for Quick and Efficient Removal Tool
Tip 1: Watch Relevant Removal Video for Help
Step 1: End suspicious process in Windows Task Manager.
Right click the blank Windows Taskbar and select Start Task Manager to open. If your IE is infected and stuck in Main Security Error Pop-up, you should end the main iexplorer.exe. FF and Chrome are respectively corresponding to firefox.exe and chrome.exe.
Step 2: Erase Main Security Error Pop-up from various browsers.
- Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
- Go to Settings and select Extension. Disable suspicious/newly-added extensions
- Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
- Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
- You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Main Security Error Pop-up entries.
- Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
- Go to Manage add-on and go to Toolbar and Extension. Remove suspicious/newly-added add-ons.
- Choose Internet Options from the list.
- Select Advanced Tab from the opened window.
- Click on Reset button to get rid of Main Security Error Pop-up and other adware.
- Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
- Go to Firefox menu from the top right. Select Add-on from the draw-down list and remove suspicious/newly-added add-ons.
- Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
- Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
- Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Main Security Error Pop-up items.
SpyHunter has the ability to detect and remove all kinds of computer threats such as nasty adware, browser hijacker, trojan virus, and many other malware and spyware. It is designed to assist the average computer user to fix their PC automatically. If you find it hard to remove with the manual removal instruction, you can also use this automatic removal tool.
Step 1: After finishing downloading, click Run to install SpyHunter step by step.
Step 2: After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
Step 3: As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Good to know:
SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor this anti-malware application to fit their specific needs. It is great if you remove the threats on your own. If you cannot make it yourself, SpyHunter will be another choice for you.