What Is api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect Virus? Is It Safe to Keep It around?
api.mybrowserbar.com can get itself installed on your computer without your consent to modify the system files which will cause system crash , besides, it can also take control all kinds of browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And reinstall browser cannot help ,because it will still operate in the background of the system. api.mybrowserbar.com redirect virus is supported by rootkit and Trojans which is able to track your online activities for the purposes to steal your personal confidential information. If you just live with it, your personal information will be in high risk.
Note: api.mybrowserbar.com redirect virus infiltrates kernel part of system, which is why antivirus programs cannot help, uninstall the browser and reinstall cannot help. Manual removal is needed. You can follow the guides below to manually remove it. But this is for the skillful computer users, you have to take care before you moving on every step.
Solution one:Step by Step Guides to Remove api.mybrowserbar.com from Your Computer
Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3: Show hidden files
Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 4- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 5- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random characters]”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random characters]”
Step 6-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Solution two: Get rid of api.mybrowserbar.com by automatic scan of SpyHunter removal tool
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to help computer users to clean up the infections like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the icon to download SpyHunter removal tool
Step two: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC
Step three: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to clean up all viruses.
Or you can follow the video below:
Note:If you don't have strong computer knowledge in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries,you could harm your operating system. Be careful and use it only if you are an experienced computer user.