Have your computer encountered the annoying Adchoices? This adware is complained by many computer users. What it would be if I just live with it? If you need more details about Adchoices pop-up, you can read the rest of this post.
What Is AdChoices? Is Safe to Keep It around?
Common Symptoms of Adchoices Popups Infection:
It can display a bunch of unstoppable pop-ups advertisements.
It will degrade your computer performance and cause poor connections.
It will often redirect to strange websites after frequent intervals.
It will disable Folder options, Task manager, Registry editing tools.
It will add Unwanted and unknown Plugin/extension or add-ons to the browser you are using.
It will create Useless shortcuts on desktop or creepy websites added to favorites/bookmarks without your knowledge.
Note: since this tricky virus can bypass the antivirus program, and no security program can uninstall it permanently. Besides, it can disable Folder options, Task manager, Registry editing tools. It is recommended to remove it manually.
Solution one:Step by Step Guides to manually Remove Adchoices Popups
Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 4- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
Step 5-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Solution two: Get rid of AdChoices by automatic scan of SpyHunter removal tool
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to help computer users to clean up the infections like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the icon to download SpyHunter removal tool
Step two: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC
Step three: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to clean up all viruses.
Or you can follow the video below:
since it is complicated to figure out the random name files of the virus from the legit system files, Sufficient expert skill will be required. And virus could change from time to time, and then the solution will be different.