What Is Websearch.pur-esult.info Redirect Virus?
websearch.pur-esult.info is classified as a browser hijacker which will modify your default homepage and search engine to keep you redirected to its domain. Whenever you open your browser it will pop up and pretend to be a genuine search engine. However , when you want to do a search on this fake search engine you can never get the intended search results because the search results from websearch.pur-esult.info are full of sponsored links and unwanted ads. Besides the search results is not from websearch.pur-esult.info but the other fake search engine like Search.whitesmoke.com. it is not recommended to keep this redirect virus on your computer.
How Dangerous Is Websearch.pur-esult.info?
websearch.pur-esult.info usually change your Homepage, Search provider, Desktop Background.
websearch.pur-esult.info can display bunch of unstoppable pop-ups advertisements.
websearch.pur-esult.info cause computer performmance slower than usual, browser may crash over and over.
websearch.pur-esult.info can due to strange websites are automatically opened on the computer after a frequent interval.
websearch.pur-esult.info disabled Folder options, Task manager, Registry editing tools.
websearch.pur-esult.info add useless toolbars onto your web browser.
How am I able to Get Rid of Websearch.pur-esult.info Pop Up?
Many victims have try many ways to get rid of websearch.pur-esult.info, but still no avail. Even they emptied out the cookies and plug-ins or look in the control panel but the annoying websearch.pur-esult.info still keep poping up on your screen. The main reason to keep websearch.pur-esult.info that stubborn is that it has inject its corrupt files and registry keys into the kernel part of system. That is why many victims frustrated to remove it.
Step-by-step Guides to Manual Remove Websearch.pur-esult.info Pop Up
Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3: Show hidden files
Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 4- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\*.*
Step 5- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
Step 6-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
This manual removal guide is based on virus sample. If you are unable to follow same guide above that something must be change, then you are welcome to contact Tee Support 24/7 online expert to get a customized solution to get rid of websearch.pur-esult.info pop up.